The following email message sums it up. Basically noone's reported this
error in the 8 months the offline version's been out!!
Oh, I've lost the reply I sent, but I did check this error and it exists
in the BeOS version too (and I assume the X version since the code is the
From firstname.lastname@example.org Thu Feb 4 15:57:21 1999
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:48:26 +0100
From: "Weber, Oliver, Ticona/DE"
To: "'Wil (Paul Williams)'"
Subject: Bug in BD4 (?)
[ The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]
[ Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set. ]
[ Some characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]
I think I discovered a bug in BD4, perhaps you like to check this...
Yesterday evening I had the following scenario:
- I played a while at level 47 ( a long while !) in offline mode
- finally, I managed it
- the dialog "BD4 showing player statistics" comes up and tells me that I
solved the level (hurray)
- I enter "Quit to menu"
- I enter "Quit game"
- I say I really want to quit (my girlfriend wanted to talk to me, you can
understand it after three hours :=)
OK, lets play another game
- start BD4 in offline mode again
- load my player from the ticket
- I have to play it from the same level I just solved ....
To me it seems that BD4 doesn't save my score and last solved level to the
ticket if just leave the program.
If I solve one level and only enter the following level once, everything is
This behavior can be reproduced, I created a testuser "Lichtest" and have
done the same thing with level zero !
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
> Oliver Weber